Day 9: Weird stuff that makes me cry.
Someone asked me why the Melbourne Cup makes me cry. I know there is lots to dislike about the racing industry and most horses are not as lucky as these elite racers, but there is something that really moves me seeing these magnificent animals give their all in such a huge race. I loved watching Makybe Diva race and I think I cried every time she won.
Day 10: Meaningful gifts given or received.
- Photo shoot and photos (coordinated by Lil Sis) for my parents' 30th wedding anniversary.
- Engraved cake knife for Juniordwarf's first bithday
- 40 years album for Slabs' birthday
- Brooch Slabs gave me for our 10th anniversary
- Everything Juniordwarf makes for me
Day 11: This was meant to to be "things my family taught me" but I decided to make it more relevant to me now, and included my (work in progress) list of 12 commandments, as inspired by Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project.
Day 12: Favourite things about this month - which could be this month to date, or this month in general. I guess I included a bit of both