Monday, October 24, 2011

P365 - Day 297 - stationery stash

Waiting for me at the Post Office this morning was my latest stationery order from the lovely people at NoteMaker.


My diaries for 2012 and a mini Delfonics pen. I am totally in love with these pens. I want more!

I have a vague plan for keeping myself more organised, and these particular two diaries fit the bill for what I think I need to do.

Fortunately they both start in October 2011, so I have time to get used to them and work out exactly how I want to use them before next year. And really, if I already know what I want to do, why wait two more months before putting the sort-of plan into action if I have the tools all ready to use now?

Just get on with it!

While I'm on the subject of stationery, several weeks after breaking my ruler at work by running my chair over it, I decided it was time to get another one. I thought rulers would be in plentiful supply in the stationery cupboard, but how wrong I was.

The only one I could find was this one.


I have no idea how it got there, since we are not a Commonwealth Government department, but it looks like it's been around for quite a while. An antique in the world of government office supplies.

I think it goes pretty well with this handy little device.

2 comments:

  1. The ruler is probably a valuable antique by now. They used to be plentiful in Commonwealth public service offices but slowly disappeared after the introduction of computers. In any event, stationery is now bought off the shelve, rather than being specially produced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I expect it is! Slabs remembers the days when smoking was permitted in public service offices & they used to hand out Commonwealth of Australia ash trays. I've love to have one of them!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I know you hate having to type in the words as much as I do, but I am being furiously spammed, so I've had to reactivate that feature. If you're a real person I'd love to hear from you :-)