Tuesday, August 2, 2011

P365 - Day 214 - little boxes


A few weeks ago I picked up a brochure on decorating ideas and I thought a couple of them might work in my scrapbooking space.

One of the ideas was to mount some pen holders on the wall with picture hanging strips. I had a look around for some suitable containers but didn’t find any that would work. Instead I thought it might be a good idea to get some of those papier mache gift boxes, paint them and mount them to the wall like small shelves.

So today I did just that. I have no idea what I’m going to use them for, but I like them.  


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, what to say.....
    Ummmm, I don't like them. They look a little flimsy. Will they hold much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure River. The picture mounting strips allegedly hold 1 kg each, but whether the boxes will hold that much. They aren't exactly what I planned, and I think they might end up as display boxes for little (light!) objects rather than storage. Besides it's not a very practical place for storage because they're quite hard to reach.
    Stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ha...you have solved my problem. I was looking for a way to stick a pen holder to a whiteboard...blue-tac has proved unsuccessful!!
    Yay, so now as well as solving the problem, I get to take time off work to go shopping!!
    LMW♥

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I know you hate having to type in the words as much as I do, but I am being furiously spammed, so I've had to reactivate that feature. If you're a real person I'd love to hear from you :-)