Tuesday, November 8, 2011

P365 - Day 312 - yoga

Tonight I went to my first yoga class since 2006.


I’ve done yoga on and off ever since I was at uni. Most recently I did pregnancy yoga classes, but that was more than five years ago.

I’d been thinking about starting again for a while. What originally got me thinking was Judith Lucy’s Spiritual Journey, which was on tv earlier in the year. In the show, Judith talked about how practising yoga had changed her life, and it reminded me of how I too had got a lot from it when I’d done it – yet somehow still managed to keep dropping out.

Recently I was speaking to someone about the need for me to take some time to do something just for me, and also for me to find ways to relax so that I can deal with particular things that have been happening in my life.

It occurred to me that yoga might fulfil both of these needs. But I didn’t know how I was going to do it, since most of the classes around seemed to be too far away and at inconvenient times.

Then Slabs mentioned he’d seen a poster advertising local yoga classes, so I contacted the teacher and, lo and behold, the next term’s classes were about to start - in the evening - so I signed up.

It seemed like everything had fallen into place. I love it when that happens!

I’ve started getting up a bit earlier (on some days) to practise a few poses on my own, and tonight was my first time at the official class.

I think it will be really good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I know you hate having to type in the words as much as I do, but I am being furiously spammed, so I've had to reactivate that feature. If you're a real person I'd love to hear from you :-)