Tuesday, May 17, 2011

P365 - Day 137 broccoli

You might remember back in February - coincidentally exactly 100 days ago - I planted some broccoli seedlings.

I haven't thought much of them since then, other than noting how well the snails have fed on them.

Today I was hanging the washing out (part of my vege garden is in planter things under the clothes line - yep, really well thought out), looked down at the broccoli and was amazed to see there were actually heads on them!


This is the biggest one. It's not quite ready, but it's not far off.

Looking back over my gardening past, this might well be the first, or perhaps second, time that I've successfully grown broccoli.

So it can be done. Yay!

(Today's edit is in picfx)

1 comment:

  1. It looks ready to me. That would be on my plate at dinnertime tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I know you hate having to type in the words as much as I do, but I am being furiously spammed, so I've had to reactivate that feature. If you're a real person I'd love to hear from you :-)