Tuesday, May 24, 2011

P365 - Day 144 the final cooking class

Today was the last of Juniordwarf’s four cooking classes.

We made meatballs, fruit skewers and a very creamy berry dessert. Juniordwarf was very proud of his fruit skewer, even though he ended up eating more marshmallows than fruit.

Left: "Oh no, Mum's taking more photos This IS a
smile, Mum." Right: "Amazing!"

After everyone had finished for the day, there was a little presentation where the children all got their own kids cookbooks, a bound copy of all the recipes we’d cooked (personalised with their photo on the front) and a certificate for completing the class. Juniordwarf was very excited to get a ‘tificate’ and insisted I stick it on the wall near the dining table so he can look at it while he’s having breakfast.

It was a really useful and fun activity for Juniordwarf and I to be involved with, and we learned a lot. I’m grateful that we were able to participate. Thank you to the Salvation Army for this fantastic opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. He looks so pleased with himself.
    Well done.
    My boys would love something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really fun thing to do. He's gotten a lot more interest in cooking lately. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I know you hate having to type in the words as much as I do, but I am being furiously spammed, so I've had to reactivate that feature. If you're a real person I'd love to hear from you :-)